We were very apprehensive with this company as we are going through AHS, our home warranty and the last time they send in a plumping company, it was a nightmare! I was expecting the worst but we had Adam as our plumper and he went above and beyond to get everything done in a timely manner. He worked with AHS and fixed all of our plumbing issues. We did not have to run behind anything. Adam even went above and beyond to tighten our faucets on the hot tub without us even asking. I am so thankful for this company and moreover for Adam.
J-Star has been on my property 44 times in two years and they are always professional, on time, and fair when it comes to price. I highly recommend J-Star and will continue to use them no matter what property I manage. They have taken a lot of stress off me with such exceptional service. I want to personally thank Jim, Genaro, David, and Dalton for being so great and putting up with me when I call and need someone to come out ASAP. I really appreciate everything you all have done! You all are truly amazing!
The technician quickly diagnosed and fixed the problem.
I called my home warranty company on Sunday for a non-emergency. J-Star called Monday morning around 9:30 am and said they were on their way and would be here in about an hour and Bo was here when he said he would be. I told him I had a problem with the back of two toilets leaking and a shower knob with a problem from the last plumber. Everything was fixed in under an hour and fixed right. I would definitely call them again.
Great on-time guy! Fixed one faucet that another plumber had put in for a valve on. J-Star was very upfront and honest about all repairs. Will DEFINITELY use them again! Dalton was awesome, he explained everything as he was working!! Thank goodness we asked for a second recommendation, they saved us a ton of money.
J-Star Services is a wonderful local, family-owned company. I would highly recommend them to anyone I know. These guys are great. I called around 9:30 at night, and the lady took my info and told me I should hear back from someone within the hour. I did, the guy called me Jim was his name I believe, he asked me what was going on. I told him everything that had happened and asked for rates. He gave me an overnight rate and the regular time rate. (Both which were very fair), but he did let me know from what I was able to tell him it could definitely wait till in the morning if I wanted to save a few extra dollars which I appreciated. He wasn't able to give me a specific time for when he'd be there the next day because he hadn't seen the schedule but told me he would call me around 8 in the morning and let me know. At 7:55 am, he called and let me know that he could come first thing, between 9 and 9:30. 9:15 he showed up, did the work, gave the rest of my home a quick look over for potential future problems. They were very professional and fair priced. In the future, these are the guys I will call. They really do good work and know exactly how to fix the issue quickly.
I have used this company for the last eight years. Our fixer-upper home has been a money pit. They haven't drained our pocketbook like these other rip-off companies in the area. We have Jim or his staff checks our AC and heating every time it's due. They do the best plumbing work too. We had to have our home re-plumbed for natural gas and just replaced our hot water heater with them in January 2010. When our pipes froze we called J-Star Services. They are honest, reasonable, and very respectful. I would recommend them to anyone and be still be able to sleep at night. God bless them with their business.
Was sent to this company through my home warranty company. They were very quick to respond, lady in the office was professional, got me right on the schedule the next day. David called that morning with time as I was promised. He was on time, professional, came in a fixed my leak pretty quickly, and cleaned up afterward. Told me if I had any more issue within a week to call back. No issues! A happy customer will use them again by request!
J-Star Services was absolutely Amazing! My ac condenser went out and my home warranty sent Genaro from J-Star out to my house. Genaro was very professional & kind! Amy from J-Star was also so kind & helpful, I just feel bad because my home warranty company, Landmark, are actual idiots. Amy & Genaro are the best people you could ask to work with for any and all AC needs!!!!! Thank you two for great services and I apologize for the mess y'all had to deal with at Landmark!
GREAT COMPANY! I have had to deal with a lot of different HVAC and Plumbing companies over the years of being a manager in the apartment industry. J-Star has been doing work for the property I currently manage for the last 2 years. I have had exceptional service from every J-Star employee who has done work on my property.
David with J-Star was very professional. He listened to our problem, which was rather complex (it began when another plumbing company's shoddy work). He didn't create unnecessary fixes or try to scam us for more money. They were available the next day, arrived on time, and provided notifications when they were heading our way.
Request a Call Back
Toilet Installation & Repair
There are many things that can go wrong a toilet. It can often be hard for homeowners to decide between a new toilet installation and repairs on an old one. To help you decide we have listed a few signs to look for and what they mean.
- Clogged – This is the most common problem with toilets. And sometimes a plunger alone will not do the trick.
- A Constantly Running Tank or one that Will Not Fill – One likely explanation is defective parts. Parts in a toilet are prone to corrosion and breakdown.
- If a flapper is old, and the rubber is rotting, it can fail to seal properly. It can even stop closing at all. Which may result in the tank continually topping itself off, even when it is not in use, to it not being able to fill.
- If the Sponge Gasket has deteriorated, it will cause a leak between the tank and bow.
- When Lock Nuts are not tightened properly, it will cause the same leak as the gasket.
- Over Flow Tube and Seal. When not seated correctly, water can leak at the base.
- When the Float or Float Cup becomes stuck or doesn’t trigger, the water will continue to fill draining into the overflow tube there to prevent flooding.
- Handles can become stuck and will either not allow the tank to fill, or will not let the flapper valve fall into place.
- When there is a Cracked Tank or Leaking you it could cause an almost undetectable trickle of water that can seep into your floorboards causing mold growth and rot or large amounts of water pooling on the floor. Cracks also compromise the strength of the bowl, requiring a new toilet installation.
- Water Leaking Out Around the Base is often a sign that the wax ring which connects the base to the sewer line is no longer sealing properly.
A simple and painless toilet repair can fix most of these issues. Your technician will examine the problem and get things running again.
Depending on the issue, repairing or installing a new toilet can save you money, time and a lot of headaches. Especially if the issue is causing a leak.
Prevent floor damage
Save on monthly bill
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it hard to install a new toilet?
Replacing a toilet is not hard. It is bulky and heavy which may be difficult in tight spaces.
How do I replace a toilet?
1. Turn off the water supply at the valve. 2. Flush the toilet and remove water from the tank and bowl. 3.Unscrew the tank bolts that fasten the basin to the bowl. 4.Unscrew the water supply line 5.Remove the tank by lifting it from the bowl. 6.Remove the floor bolt caps and unscrew the nuts with an adjustable wrench. 7.Break the sealant on pedestal of the toilet by rocking the it back and forth. 8.Scrape away remaining wax around the drain opening. 9.Inspect your floor and subfloor for water damage. 10.Replace the old flange around the drain opening with a new one. 11. Fit a new wax ring around the bottom of the toilet bowl, just around its drainage hole. 12.Ensure flange is tight to floor. 13.Lift and place the toilet bowl over the anchor bolts protruding from the floor. 14.Once the anchor bolts fit snugly inside the floor bolt openings, rock the bowl from side to side in order to create a seal on the toilet drainage hole. 15.Insert the bolts through the tank and base, then tighten lightly by hand. (don't over tighten). 16.Insert shims or other spacers underneath the toilet to make it level. 17.Tighten the floor bolts gradually with an adjustable wrench until secure. 18.Install the decorative caps and Carefully fit the tank over the bowl, making sure the tank bolts fit inside the bowl. 19.Reconnect the water line and turn on the water supply. 20.Caulk around the base of the toilet to ensure a good seal.
How do you install a new toilet seat?
Slide the plastic bolts into the slots on the back of the new seat. Insert the bolts into the holes at the back of the toilet bowl and screw the nuts into place. Firmly tighten
Why does my toilet “gurgle” when I flush it?
This problem means there is air going back up through the toilet which is usually due to a blockage in one of several places—the sewer line, the toilet trap, or the vent stack (where sewer gases escape).
Why is there a puddle of water around the base of my toilet?
This usually means there is a leak due to a bad seal or gasket. That will require that a new seal be fitted, after the toilet is removed from the floor.
Do I need a plumber to install a bidet?
If you want to have a freestanding bidet, then a plumber will be needed due to the plumbing requirements for a bidet. However, you can install a bidet toilet seat very easily yourself.
35 plus years. Let our J-Star family take care of yours.
Experience you can count on
Professionals in bath design. Call us to upgrade and update your space.